On Dub.co, a "Project" is a space that you can use to store all the short links for your website, app, or business.
You can think of a Dub.co project as a "Team" – you can invite your teammates to join your project and manage the links together.
To create a project, go to the Dub.co Dashboard and click on the Create project button.
Here are the fields in the project creation modal:
- Project Name: This is the name of your project on Dub.co.
- Project Slug: This is your project's unique slug on Dub.co.
- Custom Domain: This is the branded domain that your short links will be hosted on. E.g.
yourbrand.com/link. A few things to note:
- If this is a separate domain that you're planning to use solely for short links, then you're good to go.
- If you're using this domain for your main website or app, you should be using a subdomain for your short links instead (e.g.
Once you have filled in the fields, click on the Create project button to create your project.
After you have created your project, you will be redirected to the project dashboard. Here, you will see a checklist of things that you can do to get started with your project.
- Configure your custom domain: You can configure your custom domain to use your own domain for your short links.
- Create or import your links: You can create links or import existing ones to your project.
- Invite your teammates: You can invite your teammates to join your project and manage the links together.
Dub.co is the only link management platform that allows you to add custom domains for free. The number of domains that you can add to a project depends on your plan:
- Free plan: 3 domains
- Pro plan: 10 domains
- Business plan: 20 domains
- Enterprise plan: Unlimited domains
If your project has multiple domains, you will be able to filter the links in the project by their respective domains.
On Dub.co, you can create as many projects as you want, and each project will be billed separately.
However, to prevent abuse, you can only create up to 2 projects on the Free plan. If you need more projects, you can upgrade to the Pro plan.